Monday, January 31, 2011

Tips and Advice for the 17 Day Diet

Ideas Dr. Mike Moreno Didn't Think Of!

If you have jumped on the 17 Day Diet train like me, you are establishing some healthy eating habits while that number on the scale is going down. Here are a few fun and helpful tips you can use as you lose those pounds!



How's it Working for Me You Ask?I am currently on the second cycle of the 17 day diet (day 27 to be exact) and have lost a total of 12 pounds, which I am thrilled about. During these last 27 days, I have developed a good routine, tried some of the recipes in the book, and come up with some ideas that I thought you might find helpful. Here they are:



Tracking WaterAt first I thought I might float away trying to drink all the fluids on this diet, but soon I developed a pattern. To ensure that I get my eight glasses of water in each day, I use a water bottle that holds 32 ounces, which means less tracking. I fill it up each morning and carry it around with me wherever I am in the house, when I'm driving, at my daughter's home, etc. Once I've finished it off twice, I automatically know I have gotten my water in for the day.



Make Lemon Zest out of all Those Lemons!As all 17 Day dieters know, every day starts out with a cup of warm water that contains the juice of half a lemon. This is my least favorite part of the diet, but I do it. During some research, I found that lemon and limes have the same nutritional properties, so I switch between them in the mornings. The health benefits I uncovered during my research gave me more incentive to stick with this part of the plan. (They both are rated 'excellent' on the "
World's Healthiest Foods Rating " chart.)



Continue reading "Tips and Advice for the 17 Day Diet"







No comments:

Post a Comment