Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Achieve Cycle of the 17 Day Diet Feels Like a Feast!




Image Courtesy of Seemann/morguefile.com
Today I started the third cycle of the 17 Day Diet. Yay!  I'm stuck right now at 13 pounds lost, and was feeling a little disappointed until I said it in a different way which was, "In only 34 days I've lost 13 pounds!"  Those pounds were coming off so quickly at first that I wanted it to go on forever,but really, I should be excited about losing 13 pounds as long as I don't gain them back, right?



To be honest, I'm a little scared of this third cycle because it seems like I'll be eating quite a bit! Today I cooked a turkey I'd bought during the Christmas holidays when turkeys were cheap.  (I was almost salivating as that 13-pound bird was cooking!)  I had a serving with veggies, and a baked potato topped with a tablespoon of fat-free sour cream. It really felt like a feast!  I'll remove all the turkey from the bone and store it in my fridge (maybe freeze half), which I will turn into turkey salad, sliced on sandwiches and in soups over the next few days. I also baked 3 Idaho potatoes and 2 sweet potatoes while the turkey baked, which I can warm up quickly in the microwave for lunches and dinners.



It's 6:25 right now and, after finishing my yummy turkey dinner, I have to say that I didn't even feel like I was on a diet today!  I ate some of the same things I have grown to like over the past 34 days but was happy I could add in a piece of bread at lunch and a potatoe tonight. I'm having a hard time fitting in all the fruit before 2 PM, so I only ate my frozen grapes today.  I need my probiotic so I may cheat and mix some frozen blueberries into a yogurt shake tonight.  Hopefully, that won't throw a kink in the works!



It's great to have reached this point.  If I can lose a few more pounds over the next 17 days eating like this, I'll be thrilled!  To be continued........



No comments:

Post a Comment