Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Watching the Scale




Image courtesy of Earl53/morguefile.com
This is my 14th day on the second cycle (Activate) of the 17 Day Diet and I've lost 13 pounds.  Usually, when trying to lose weight, I only weigh myself once a week or at most, every couple days. On this diet, however, I have been stepping on that scale daily. The weight isn't coming off on the activate cycle as fast as it did on the accelerate cycle, but am seeing a steady downward trend. 



During the first cycle I was losing 1/2 pound most days...it was amazing, but it only makes sense that this pace isn't sustainable.  Interestingly, I'm finding that during this second cycle, which alternates between a day on accelerate and the next activate, I've noticed that I tend to see a drop in weight on the day after the Activate day, which seems backwards to me.  I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that?  And I've even gone up a pound or so some days, but the very next day, I would have lost that pound plus another one!



I'm sharing this so you won't be discouraged if you don't see the number on that scale that you were hoping for.  I'm finding that if I just stick with it, week by week I am keeping off the weight I've lost during the week prior and an additional few pounds.  The trick here is to be realistic and happy that your weight is less week after week.



This diet has been truly wonderful for me!  After losing 40 pounds on Medi-weightloss, (eating less than 1000 calories a day and taking diet pills), then gaining back 20 after I stopped, I was feeling despair.  But this diet has gotten me back on track eating delicious healthy foods without those diet pills! I hope you are experiencing good results too! Happy guilt-free eating!






No comments:

Post a Comment