Friday, February 4, 2011

Where to Find Recipes for the 17-Day Diet

Online Resources for Dr. Moreno's Weightloss Diet






Image courtesy of ronnieb/morguefile.com


As the popularity of the 17 Day Diet picks up speed, more recipes and resources are popping up online. This is a good thing since nothing can derail a diet more than eating boredom. Here are a few helpful sites I uncovered.



Dr. Mike Moreno's Recipes

The 17 Day Diet book does contain recipes that adhere to the program's guidelines, which helps to get you started. I've already outlined some of my favorite recipes from the book in my "Tips and Advice for the 17 Day Diet" and "Review of Two 17 Day Diet Recipes" articles. So far, I've been pleased with the book's recipes. But eventually, you'll want to explore new options.



New Recipes for the 17 Day Diet

Once I hit week 4 on the diet, I began to tire of the chicken vegetable soup, even though I really like it! That was when I stumbled upon a few helpful online sites that stirred up my taste buds and renewed my commitment to sticking with the 17 Day Diet plan.



Gina's Skinny Recipes

Gina's Skinny Recipe blog, recognized by Kitchn.com's as one of the top ten food blogs, is in the running for top spot in 2011, and I can certainly understand why! The day I discovered the website I spent a few hours looking through all the recipes and printing out some to try. The sidebar on the blog showcases a few mouth watering examples that would work once you get past the first cycle. I've tried two:



1. Gina's Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken fits nicely into the Activate guidelines and is very tasty! I found it a bit too spicy for my gringo tongue, so I will reduce the amount of cayenne pepper next time; also, mine came out a bit soupy, so I will reduce the amount of broth also.



No comments:

Post a Comment