Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another pound gone! Review of "Start Walking at Home" with Leslie Sansone




Image courtesy of Alal/morguefile.com
Happy to report that I finally lost another pound, bringing my total weight loss on the 17 Day Diet to 14.5 pounds.  This is day 44, ten days into the achieve cycle.  Just as I was losing faith in the diet's principles the numbers on the scale change!  Yesterday, I walked my pup and exercised inside for a total of 45 minutes, which I plan to continue every day going forward. I am getting very close to the healthy weight I used to be for most of my life....only 17 pounds left. I am the most confident I've felt in years.



Since I've renewed my commitment to exercise as I am losing weight on the 17 Day Diet, I'm sharing an article I wrote about one of my favorite walking workouts with Leslie Sansone.  If you are in need of a workout that isn't complicated, but works, try this one (and you can order it from Amazon....See My Favorites in the sidebar):



Review of "Start Walking at Home" with Leslie Sansone

Stay in Shape with This Easy Walking Exercise Routine!

In my continuing quest to find a variety of workouts that will motivate me to stay on track with my weight loss and fitness routine, I decided to Leslie Sansone's walking workout routines. Leslie Sansone has over 75 in-home walking videos and she owns Studio Fitness in New Castle, Pennsylvania. This workout review is of her 1 and 2 mile workouts featured in her "Start Walking at Home" series, which I tried on exercise TV. I found them both easy to follow and energizing!



The simple act of walking has inherent health benefits for everyone. The American Heart Association (AHA) endorses a regular walking routine to prevent heart disease and claim that brisk walking for 30 minutes can reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. If you like the idea of a walking routine to get or stay in shape, check out AHA's "My Start" walking site, where you can sign up for newsletters, connect with "sole mates" that share your quest, plan a routine and track your miles from walking, as well as enter your daily food intake. Additionally, if you don't have one, purchase a pedometer to track your steps during a walking program. You'll find yourself taking the longer route when you have that step counter clipped to your waistband!



Exercise Video Reviewed:Start Walking at Home



Instructor: Leslie Sansone

Exercise Level: Beginner to Mid-level

Total Workout time: 20 minutes for the 1 mile, 30 minutes for the 2 mile

(5 minutes warm up and cool down included)

Equipment needed: Just your athletic shoes!

Estimated calories burned (using Calorie Count's Database): 130 - 1 mile / 185 - 2 mile



Continue reading review: Start Walking at Home






No comments:

Post a Comment